Make a Tax Payment
Search Your Property Tax Records
View Tax Deadline Dates
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND INFORMATION
Payments can be made by cash, check, or credit card (all credit card payments will incur a processing fee).
Stop by our office at 100 Church Street, Fayetteville , Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
To pay by mail, please send to: Sheriff of Fayette County, P.O. Box 509, Fayetteville, WV 25840
- When sending payments by mail, please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope for return receipt.
Payments may be made online at http://fayette.softwaresystems.com/index.html
DISCOUNT: Taxpayers receive 2 ½ percent discount on the first half installment if paid on or before September 1. This discount is also applied to the second half installment if paid on or before the following March 1. Postmarks are observed as time of payment.
DELINQUENCIES: The first half installment becomes delinquent if not paid before October 1. The second half installment becomes delinquent if not paid before the following April 1. Taxes remaining unpaid on April 30 will be subject to publication. If publication occurs, additional fees will be charged.
INTEREST: If taxes are not paid on or before the date on which they become delinquent, including both first and second installments, interest at the rate of nine percent per annum shall be added from the date they become delinquent until paid.
HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION: If you are age 64 or older, or 100% disabled, contact the Fayette County Assessors Office about the Homestead Exemption. Application period is July 1 through December 1 each year. Applies to primary residence only.
IMPORTANT TAX DEADLINE DATES
· September 1 — First Half Discount Ends · Farm use valuation application & commercial business returns due to assessor.
· October 1 — First Half Taxes Delinquent · Interest on first half begins · Personal property assessments due to assessor on or before October 1.
· December 1 — Homestead/Disability Exemption form due to Assessor on or before December 1.
· March 1 — Second Half Discount Ends.
· April 1 — Second Half Taxes Delinquent · Interest on Second Half Begins.
· April 30 — Taxes remaining unpaid after this date will be subject to publication & additional fees will be charged.
· July 1 — All personal property taxes remaining due are subject to civil action · Taxes on property you own this July 1 will be billed next year.
· September 1 — All real estate taxes subject to second publication - tax lien sale procedure starts.
· October 14 - November 23 — Each year the Sheriff will conduct the Annual Sheriff’s Tax Lien Sale between October 14 - November 23.
CONTACT THE OFFICE FOR PAYMENT CUT-OFF DATES ON DELINQUENT PROPERTIES
ANNUAL SHERIFF'S TAX LIEN SALE: Tax liens for tracts or lots of land or undivided interests, will be offered for sale by the Sheriff at public auction at the front door of the courthouse. Tax liens will be sold for cash to the highest bidder. Bidding will begin at the total for taxes, interest, and charges due on the date of sale. Any of the tracts may be redeemed by payment to the Sheriff before sale of the total amount of taxes, interest and charges due on the date of redemption. The next tax lien sale will be held FRIDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2015 AT 9:00 A.M. in Judge Hatcher's courtroom, 2nd floor of the main courthouse. Registrations begins at 8:00 a.m. - please have a valid driver's license. Payment will only be accepted by 4:00 that day in the following forms: personal check, cashier's check, money order. Call 304-574-4306 with any questions.
Fayette County Sheriff's Tax Office
100 Church Street, Fayetteville, WV 25840
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Phone: 304-574-4219 and 304-574-4217
TOP OF PAGE